Tools / Productivity
- Jeannie: great free app to control your phone with voice commands, set alarms and reminders, send text messages and email, voicedial your contacts, listen to music and poems, get news, facts and translations, search images, videos, apps and places and much more! Watch the video!
- Voice Actions Plus: paid version of Jeannie. Coming soon: Nuance speech recognition for higher accuracy in the paid version
- Speak Text Easy: read PDF and EPUB files
- Announcify: reads caller’s name, SMS, email
- Choice Dialer: a hands-free replacement for the stock Android Voice Dialer, with voice confirmation and added commands and options. It confirms commands interactively by voice. “Call Jim Harris at mobile”, “next song”, “Set my Facebook status”…
- Talking Caller ID: Talking Caller ID voices the name or number of incoming calls
- Enhanced SMS & Caller ID: provides voice notifications for incoming callers, incoming SMS messages, Google Talk, new K9 / Kaiten messages and event reminders from your Google Calendar.
- Handcent SMS: powerful free sms/mms tools
- ezPDF Reader: popular PDF Viewer
- PDF to Speech: read PDF and plain text files (supports TTS Extended on Android 2.1)
- iHear Network: free social news reader app. Allows you to listen to articles as your phone speaks them aloud using Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology.
- Voice Browser: navigate webpages by voice
- InstaFetch Pro: save complete web pages to your mobile device for offline, TTS reading.
- WebTalks: subscribe to webpages (RSS) and have them read to you
- WikiDroyd: offline Wikipedia reader
- TalkBack in Android Settings -> Accessibility
- Spiel: free, scriptable screen reader
- uNote: note taking app (uses only US English voices)
- Note Everything
- Good Morning: talking alarm clock
- Smarter Alarm: talking alarm clock (supports TTS Extended on Android 2.1)
- WakeVoice: talking alarm clock
- Talking Calendar: Reads aloud calendar events
- StartTalking: real hands-free SMS
- ElkDroid: home automation
- Tasker: Total Automation for Android
Books & Reference
- Moon+ Reader Pro: ambitious ebook reader
- And Bible: Bible reader
- Bible Speech Audio Book: Bible reader
- Book Speech Audio Books: e-books reader
- Kama Sutra Speech Audio Book: KamaSutra reader
Travel & Local
- Google Navigation (< 5.9 only, with Android 2.1 Text-To-Speech Extended is needed)
- Intersection Explorer: walks you through an intersection (from Google’s eyes-free project)
- DriveCarefully: free app that reads your email and SMS while you drive
- Text to Speech Toy: enter a text and hear it spoken
- Pocket Blonde (only for female en-US and en-UK voices): charming avatar residing in your phone!
- Talk-a-Droid Text to Speech: speaks aloud whatever you type
- Super Text to Speech Free: enter a text and hear it spoken, email to a friend
- Droid Talker: reads/speaks whatever you type or open
- Talk – Text to Voice: lets you convert text to voice using the Text-to-speech engine
- Speak It: Text To Speech widget to speak saved text
- Las Vagrants Speaks: TTS editor
- Talking Box: simple app to demonstrate Speech Input and Output
- VoiceBot: A TTS/STT converter.
Health & Fitness
- SportsTracker Pro: sport-tracking app for your daily running
- Bike Hub: navigation for cyclists based on OpenStreetMap
- CueBrain: learn language vocabulary interactively
- TransZilla Translator: powerful free translator that supports more than 50 languages
- Talk To Me Classic: speech-to-speech translation app
(*) Disclaimer: this list is created from our users’ feedbacks and provided “As Is”, with no warranties nor guarantees about the full compatibility of SVOX Voices with the present or future versions of these apps, nor the compatibility of these apps with your specific device / OS Version.